Monday, October 12, 2009

Brownies

Now that the weather is getting a little bit chillier I find myself baking a little bit more.
On this particular day after some face painting was done the kids and I decided to bake some brownies. Of course me being the good mom that I am I wanted to teach the kids the importance of not letting any food go to waste
So I put them to work cleaning the bowls and spatulas of any and all brownie batter.

They were quite the cleaning crew if I do say so myself.

Uh huh even licking it from the inside. That bowl was spic and span by the time Merrick was done with it. No brownie batter going to waste here.

Well I guess you could say that some technically went to waste in his hair but I'm okay with that since Memphis went to work on getting the chocolate from Merrick's hair. Can you see that little pudgy hand going straight for Merrick's hair?

A good time was had by all. Oh but the brownies turned out a little burnt. I must've left them in the oven too long during bath time. Do you know how long it takes to scrub brownie batter from every little corner of two little boys? Long enough to burn brownies that's for sure. Oh well.






4 comments:

Tracy said...

ha ha. YUM! Can I have some?

The Ramirez Trio said...

mmmm brownies. im sure everyone is looking forward to your wonderful baking...

krissiecook said...

Wow, I hadn't checked in you guys for a while, and apparently I've missed a lot! NYC? Wow! At least one thing remains the same - your boys are completely adorable. Good work on that one.

DAVID & ELISSA said...

Ohhhh I love all your pictures.... Sooo We have no idea what were are doing with ourselves.. Hahah.. David is still looking at jobs and all and trying to figure out what he needs to get done so he can start his career. We miss you guys so much and I imagine us living by each other in NY having fun like we did in Cali..:) I hope we can see you guys soon!!