Monday, February 18, 2008

Cute little onesies

This is what really got my nesting going. My mom and I found some neat iron-ons at a JoAnns in Thousand Oaks so she got me some for Christmas and I've been dying to put these little onesies together. I started with the iron-ons and then added some buttons and voila the perfect onesie for my cute little soon-to-be Memphis.
I also made these little tie onesies that will be perfect for church. You can pretty much iron on anything on anything with this stuff called heat-n-bond lite that you can get at JoAnns. You can cut out any picture you want with the fabric, iron it on your material and then sew the edges of the picture. Sewwww easy!!! hahahaha

Here are a few up close. They are even more adorable in person. Being pregnant I don't think I have the energy to mass produce them and sell them somewhere but I do have the energy to prepare for my little guy's arrival and I just can't wait to put these puppies on.

The website for the iron-ons is www.plaidonline.com and they have a ton of options.

Merrick helping mama pick out some buttons. He loves to get into my sewing stuff especially the pin cushion with all my pins in it. I always try and include him to make things more fun like which buttons should I use and what onesie does he like best. I've got some iron-ons for Merrick but I can't seem to find inexpensive t-shirts his size so as soon as I get my hands on some nice, inexpensive t-shirts he'll be my next target.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Patty these are awesome! Thanks "sew" much for posting the website! What a great gift idea! Anyway, you will definitely have to post some pictures of Memphis in them! 5 weeks will be here before we know it!

jenibug said...

That is such a fun idea!

Yeah I've gone a little crazy with the posting. I need to pace myself. I think it's a way of procrastinating doing homework!

Trisha B said...

I went to Joann's the other day and looked at the iron on transfers. I saw one that said I'm the big sister. I'm definitely going to make that for Ashlynn when we have another child. DId you get the I'm the Big Brother one for Merrick? Hope you guys have a good time at the wedding this weekend. Talk to you later.