Friday, March 28, 2008

Baby, baby, baby

Soooooo we've been waiting ever so patiently for baby Memphis to arrive but unfortunately he just hasn't felt ready to come out yet. But, today I woke up with some major funky feelings and I finally started having regular contractions. Now they are about 4 minutes apart and they last about 45 painful seconds each. I felt the same exact thing with Merrick but I barely got admitted because I was barely dilated to a 3 so I'm trying to hang out at home as much as I can without putting the baby in jeopardy. I called the doctor on call at 6am and he said that I sound pretty calm for being in pre-labor so I don't think he took me too seriously and told me that I'm in a very gray area and that I could go either way. I could stay home or go to the hospital (let's just say he was very nice but I didn't get any clearer of an idea on what to do!). He did say that second babies tend to come faster so now I'm really stuck on what to do. I'm going to wait until my doctor's office opens and see if I can come in to see where I'm at and how much longer I should wait until I go to the hospital. But bottom line is I think Memphis will be coming sometime today. Wish us luck.

7 comments:

Jen said...

yeah! its baby time. good luck and congrats.

Trisha B said...

Yeah! We're excited. We can't wait to see pictures of the new little guy! Hope everything goes well.

deannah said...

Hooray! Good luck with everything! We're so excited for you guys.

Vivian said...

good luck! keep on breathing!

courtni said...

WOOOHOO bring on the drugs... & you're TAGGED

jenibug said...

8 pound baby with no epidural! You are my hero Patty! We're so, so happy for you guys!

THE LIZARD'S said...

almost 9 lbs.. you did it again!!! You go with your birthing skills!!!
Love,
Lolly